October 25, 2018 | by Wong Fleming
Associate Yian Pan will attend the New York Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation’s (NYIPLEF) “1st Annual Diversity Scholarship Event”. It will be held tonight, October 25, 2018, at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP in downtown New York City. Proceeds will benefit the NYIPLEF Diversity Scholarship Fund, which provides substantial scholarship funds to diverse, outstanding law students.
This event will feature live acoustic performance by The Slants, a keynote presentation on diversity and elimination of bias in the legal profession, and a concluding silent auction. The keynote presentation will be delivered by The Slant’s founder and bassist Simon Tam.
Items open to bidding during in the silent auction include
- Opportunities to have lunch or dinner with Intellectual Property Counsels and General Counsels from: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Company, Google, JPMorgan Chase, Metlife, Teva Pharmaceutical, Xerox, and more…
- A jingle written for the firm/company by THE SLANTS
- Guitar autographed by THE SLANTS
- Tickets to sports events: Knicks, Rangers, St. John’s vs Seton Hall at Madison Square Garden, and more…
- Tickets to the NYIPLA Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary including VIP access to meet the Keynote Speaker
- Tickets to the NJIPLA Jefferson Medal Award Dinner
- Tickets to the Hon. William C. Conner Inn of Court Annual Dinner
- Tickets to the Annual Joint Patent Practice Continuing Legal Education Seminar
- Baskets full of trendy items from prominent brands, and much more…
About Simon Tam
Simon Tam is an author, musician, activist, and self-proclaimed troublemaker. Best known as the founder and bassist of The Slants, the world’s first and only all-Asian American dance rock, he approaches activism through the arts and encourages people to challenge their perceptions of how we connect with others we normally don’t get along with. In 2017, he won a landmark case at the U.S Supreme Court, unanimously, helping to expand civil liberties for marginalized groups. His work has been highlighted in over 3,000 media features across over 150 countries, including Rolling Stone, TIME, NPR, BBC and the New York Times.
New York Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation is a charitable organization 501(c)(3) whose mission is to promote IP law education in the NY area.
To view the original event page, click here.