Scott Stevenson is the Partner in Charge of the Firm’s Georgia and Florida offices of Wong Fleming and the Chair of the Corporate Asset Recovery practice group. Mr. Stevenson focuses on issues related to Commercial Litigation, General Liability Litigation, and Creditors’ Rights.
Prior to joining Wong Fleming, Mr. Stevenson was a Partner at a large minority owned Firm who led the growth efforts at the firm expanding it into an additional sixteen states. He handled matters related to real estate, collections and recovery, commercial litigation, general liability, and bankruptcy. He has experience building and growing companies in non-legal fields, including EliminateIDTheft, a fast growing identity theft company, and RecoverDebt, an online accounts receivable service business. Additionally, Mr. Stevenson was a Director for a National wholesale mortgage lender.
- Represented a major retailer against charges of data breach from consumers and banks resulting from hackers stealing e-mail and credit card information.
- Represented a large telecommunication company defending it against charges of violations of the FRCA and FDCPA.
- Represented a large multi-national supplier of technology in the recovery of substantial unpaid invoices with former clients in the Southeast.
- Represented a national securities firm in the defense of premises liability claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented a large manufacturer of vitamins and supplements in the recovery of multiple unpaid claims.
- Represents many banks and financial institutions in the placement and recovery of unpaid secured and unsecured debts.
- Commercial Litigation
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, Commercial Law League
- Member, National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- Sports Coach, Northside Youth Organization (football and baseball)
- Board of Governors – Touchdown Club of Atlanta
- Proficient in computer programming and scripting languages, database administration, and design
- J.D., Georgia State University (1993)
- B.A., English University of Georgia (1989) Member of UGA Football Team