Alexis N. Turner Garris is an Associate in the Firm’s Princeton, New Jersey office. Her practice focuses on Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Insurance Defense and Coverage, Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy, Corporate Asset Recovery and Tax Lien Enforcement.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Garris worked for the State of Delaware, Department of Finance, Division of Revenue to initiate the state’s tax lien enforcement program. She also assisted Delaware Deputy Attorney Generals in preparing and filing claims in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy actions. Likewise, Ms. Garris served as a legal extern at the United States Trustee Program in the Department of Justice, in Tampa, Florida and research assistant for a university professor focusing on corporate law and blockchain technologies.
Ms. Garris earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with Minors in Political Science and Communication Studies from West Virginia University, and her Juris Doctorate, with Certificate of Concentration in Social Justice Advocacy from Stetson University College of Law.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Asset Recovery
- Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy
- Tax Lien Enforcement
- Trial, Insurance Defense and Coverage
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Recipient, Richard R. Garland Diversity Scholar, Sarasota County Bar Association
- Recipient, William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Delaware
- Member, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law
- B.S., West Virginia University