SEATTLE, WASH. – The Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council (Northwest MSDC) is pleased to announce the election results of both Board of Directors and Minority Business Enterprise Input Committee (MBEIC). Elections occur every two years and provide a real opportunity for members to create real business opportunities in the region. Board members and MBEIC committee members are the key executives behind Northwest MSDC, a non-profit organization which connects major corporations and public agencies to minority-owned businesses for economic opportunities.
The following members have been elected as officers of the Board of Directors for the 2013 – 2014 term:
- Ms. Kimberly A.L. Newton, Sr. Manager, Procurement Support & Integration, The Boeing Company – Secretary, 2013
- Mr. Gary Sheneman, Senior Director, Technology & Professional Services, Microsoft Corporation – Vice Chairperson, 2013 – 2014
- Mr. Richard Chacon, Sr. Vice President, Supplier Diversity & Development, Union Bank – Treasurer, 2013 – 2014
The following members were elected as officers of the Minority Business Enterprise Input Committee (MBEIC) for the 2013 – 2014 term:
- Mr. Shahzad, Q. Qadri, Partner, Wong Fleming, P.C. Attorneys-at-Law – Chairperson
- Mr. Bobby Herrera, President, Populus Group – Vice Chairperson
- Mr. Alex Canizales, Chief Executive Officer, TenFour Agency – Vice Chairperson Oregon
- Mr. Ed Davis, Shareholder & Business Development Manager, Sealaska Corporation –Vice Chairperson Alaska
- Mr. Frank Lemos, President, LDC, Inc. – Secretary
Election results were announced during Northwest MSDC’s 2012 year-end meetings held on December 13 and 14 in Oregon and Washington respectively. Northwest MSDC congratulates the new officers on their election and looks forward to their leadership as we continuedeveloping strategic opportunities for corporate/public agency members and minority-business enterprises to work together.
Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council
For over 30 years, the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council (Northwest MSDC) has been linking major corporations and public agencies to minority-owned businesses, a multi-billion dollar sector representing and impacting today’s global economy. The Northwest MSDC currently serves the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. For more information on Northwest MSDC, please visit http://www.northwestmsdc.org.