Kat McKay is an Associate of Wong Fleming, concentrating her practice in the areas of commercial litigation and insurance defense and coverage. Ms. McKay has extensive experience in handling motions and depositions, conducting other discovery, and negotiating settlements in insurance defense and asbestos defense cases. She has prepared legal briefs, detailed memoranda, discovery motions, motions for summary judgment, case evaluations, pleadings, interrogatories, requests for production of documents, and other pleadings in complex litigation matters pending in Federal and State courts. She is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
In addition to 16 years as a practicing attorney, Ms. McKay has been an Adjunct Professor of Philosophy at Rider University and Rowan College at Burlington County and has taught numerous CLEs both online and in-person to practicing attorneys. As part of her own research company, Ms. McKay has taught test prep classes as well as published multiple books in this area to help those seeking admission to graduate school.
Ms. McKay earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Villanova University, her Juris Doctorate from Villanova University School of Law, has completed her coursework required for a Ph.D. in Philosophy, and transferred to a Ph.D. in Humanities program for which she is currently completing coursework.
- Commercial Litigation
- Trial, Insurance Defense and Coverage
- New Jersey
- DNJ, EDPA
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Recipient, Rider University, Faculty Grant for Online Course Teaching for Spring 2019
- 1st place winner of the Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition, United States Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor decided the final round of the competition.
- Recipient, Arthur Goldberg Scholarship, 3-Year Full Tuition Scholarship to Villanova University
- “The Legal Ethics of ‘Location, Location, Location’” (In-Person CLE, Jenkins Law Library, February 2017, March 2019, and June 2020).
- “Starting Law Firms In New Ways With Real Research” (Online CLE, LexVid).
- “Starting Law Firms – Trade Names, Virtual Offices, Working Across State Lines” (Online CLE, Access MCLE).
- “Environmental Coverage Case Law, 22nd Edition” (Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., 2011)
- “Research Prep. GRE: The Quantitative Reasoning Measure” (McKay Publishing, January 2020)
- “Research Prep. GRE: The Verbal Reasoning Measure, The Analytical Writing Measure” (McKay Publishing, November 2018)
- “Research Prep. LSAT: The Law School Admission Test Prep. Book” (McKay Publishing, November 2019)
- “The ‘No Experience’ Job Search Strategy and Workbook” (McKay Publishing, February 2018)
- “The ‘No Experience’ Job Search: Resumes, Cover Letters, Networking, Interviewing, and References” (Create Space, September 2017)
- “The ‘No Experience’ Job Search Strategy” (McKay Publishing, September 2017)
- “College Admissions: The Guidebook and Workbook for High School Students on Getting into College” (Create Space, July 2017)
- J.D., Villanova University, School of Law (2003)
- B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Villanova University (2000)
- Ph.D. student in Philosophy, Temple University (coursework completed, dissertation not begun)
- Ph.D. student in Humanities, Faulkner University (coursework in progress)