Florelee Wan is a Partner of Wong Fleming. Ms. Wan concentrates her practice in commercial litigation, insurance coverage and defense, products liability, premises liability, creditors’ rights and employment and labor law. She has served on trial teams that successfully defended insurance companies in insurance coverage cases and that also successfully defended many products liability cases at trial. She currently serves on the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Jury Selection in Civil and Criminal Trials. Ms. Wan also is a past president of the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey. She has an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell and was recognized as a Top-Rated Lawyer for ethical standards and legal ability in Litigation in 2015. She is also one of 100 attorneys honored in the Lawyers of Color Inaugural Eastern Region 2013 Hot List.
Prior to joining Wong Fleming, Ms. Wan practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance defense, and worker’s compensation with a firm in Paramus, New Jersey and practiced products liability defense for a firm in Woodbridge, New Jersey. Additionally, Ms. Wan served as a judicial intern to The Honorable David G. Trager of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in 2001.
Ms. Wan is licensed to practice law in New Jersey (2003) and New York (2018). She holds a B.S. from Cornell University and a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School.
- Represented financial institutions and business clients in commercial disputes involving creditors’ rights and debt and/or asset recovery in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts.
- Experienced in commercial litigation, insurance defense litigation, premises liability litigation, construction litigation, motor vehicle litigation, worker’s compensation, and personal injury litigation.
- Successfully defended and prosecuted personal injury claims involving products liability, motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, and premises liability matters.
- Represented clients in litigation alleging construction defects, personal injuries on construction sites, general negligence, toxic torts, and property damage subrogation claims.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Asset Recovery
- Employment and Labor Law
- Intellectual Property
- Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation
- Trial, Insurance Defense and Coverage
- New Jersey
- New York
- NDIN, SDIN, DNJ, SDNY, EDNY
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Past President, Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Jury Selection in Civil and Criminal Trials
- Volunteer, Citizenship Rutgers, Eagleton Program on Immigration and Democracy
- Mentor, New Jersey Law Education Empowerment Program
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School (2002)
- B.S., Cornell University (1998)