The full day program was geared toward summer associates and first and second year associates with a particular focus on those with diverse backgrounds, including women and minorities. Fifty associates from BP’s core counsel panel program attended the event which covered the following topics and themes:
- Exploring the Energy Industry
- Why Diversity & Inclusion is a key to our success
- A Day in the Life of In-House Counsel
- How to Best Support my Corporate and In-house Clients
- Discovering the Breadth of Specialty Fields In-House: Labor & Employment, Environmental, Corporate, Litigation, Commercial, Regulatory
- Understanding the Vital Role that Support Staff Plays and How to Effectively Partner Together
The highlight of the day was the tour of BP’s Helios trading floor, wind energy exhibit, and drilling simulator. The event concluded with an evening networking reception and dinner.
Thank you to the BP legal department for hosting the event, and to everyone who worked hard to put the program together. Wong Fleming is proud to work with a company with such a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Wong Fleming is a nationally recognized, AV-Rated law firm that represents Fortune 500 companies and other corporate clients in the areas of Commercial Law, Corporate Asset Recovery, Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy, Employment and Labor Law, Environmental, Insurance Defense and Coverage, Intellectual Property, Real Estate and Premises and Product Liability. The firm maintains offices in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Washington, D.C., Georgia, California, Florida, Texas, Washington, Canada, Mexico and Germany.