James K. Haney is a Partner in the Firm’s Princeton, N.J. office of Wong Fleming. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, commercial transactions, bankruptcy and creditors rights, business litigation, and employment in state and federal court. Mr. Haney has tried and argued matters in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law, and Appellate Divisions, respectively. He has handled cases venued in the Supreme Court in a number of New York counties and argued matters before New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division First and Second departments. He has practiced at both the trial and appellate levels in the federal court system. Mr. Haney’s litigation practice is national in scope.
Prior to joining Wong Fleming, Mr. Haney was a judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable June Strelecki, New Jersey Superior Court, Civil Division, Monmouth County. While at prior firms, Mr. Haney defended significant premises liability cases and professional malpractice matters, achieving numerous successful defense verdicts.
- Successfully obtained judgments for major national corporations.
- Represented Fortune 100 Companies in all aspects of their commercial disputes.
- Obtained a million dollar judgment for an international printing/copier company.
- Successfully appeared in Federal Court sitting in Admiralty to release restraints on funds.
- Obtained multiple temporary restraining orders to prevent fraudulent transfers.
- Successfully handled fraudulent transfer actions.
- Defended and prosecuted adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court.
- Closed commercial loans in amounts exceeding one million dollars for international banks.
- Completed multi-million dollar commercial transactions/sale of assets for a national bank.
- Successfully obtained temporary restraining orders against former employees of a company violating restrictive covenants.
- Counseled middle market and large companies on employment practices.
- Published in seven notable reported decisions.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Asset Recovery
- Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy
- Employment and Labor Law
- Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation
- Real Estate
- Trial, Insurance Defense and Coverage
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals –
- Armed Forces,
- Veterans Claims,
- Federal District, D.C.,
- 1st, 2nd , 3rd, 4th Circuit
- DMD, DNJ, SDNY, EDNY, WDNY, NDNY, EDPA, MDPA, WDPA, DDC, SDIN, NDIN, DCO, DCT NDIL, DMA
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- “Advanced Civil Practice Pointers in Federal and State Court in Pennsylvania” (Lorman, 2006).
- “Internet Strategies for Legal Professionals” (National Business Institute, 2006).
- “Aligning Your Practice with the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005” (National Business Institute, 2005).
- “Fundamental Issues in New Jersey Human Resource Law” (National Business Institute, 2004).
- “Legal Writing for Paralegals” (New Jersey State Bar Association, 2003).
- “Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for New Jersey Paralegals” (Institute of Paralegal Education, 2003).
- “A Practical Guide to Federal Court Rules and Procedures in New Jersey” (National Business Institute, 2003).
- “Advanced Legal Drafting for New Jersey Paralegals” (Institute of Paralegal Education, 2002).
- “Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for New Jersey Paralegals” (Institute of Paralegal Education, 2002).
- M.B.A., Seton Hall University (1998)
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law (1991)
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania (1988)