Beverly A. Williams is a Partner of Wong Fleming, in the Princeton, New Jersey office. She concentrates her practice in Employment and Labor Law. Ms. Williams has considerable experience in defending employment discrimination cases, where she has taken a key role in developing discovery, litigation and settlement strategies, trial preparation, interaction with clients and drafting legal memoranda and sensitive communications. She provided employment and labor law and human resources consulting and training services to management and labor professionals. Prior to her ascension to Vice President, Corporate Employment Law Services, Ms. Williams was promoted to roles of expanded responsibility in an environment of constant change at ADP, Inc. one of the largest global providers of business process outsourcing solutions.
Ms. Williams is a member of the Sidney Reitman Employment Law Inn of Court which is devoted exclusively to Labor and Employment Law advocacy, and a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitrator. She also completed the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service’s Becoming a Labor Arbitrator training. Ms. Williams has taught graduate students Labor Relations at Rutgers School of Public Affairs and Administration’s and labor and employment law seminars at Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations.
She received her juris doctor in 1987 from Rutgers School of Law and served as Law Secretary to the Honorable Robert N. Wilentz, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of New Jersey, [during the term in which the Baby M case was decided]. Ms. Williams received a Master of Public Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill as a Ford Foundation Fellowship recipient, and attended Douglass College, Rutgers University, where she received a B.A. in Political Science.
- Provided advice, counsel, and training about employment law and labor matters to global executives, HR professionals, and sales and service management.
- Advocated for and obtained approval to conduct sexual harassment training for C-Suite executives on a one-to-one basis.
- Led a team of 2-3 attorneys and support staff with company-wide responsibility for investigation of complaints of discrimination and harassment; immigration; background checks; affirmative action compliance; HR policies and procedures; reduction-in-force and severance issues; employee discipline; and wage and hour compliance.
- Defended Fortune 500 management clients against claims of employment discrimination, wrongful termination and related claims filed in federal and state courts and administrative agencies.
- Employment and Labor Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Districts of Eastern, Southern and Western New York
- U.S Tax Court
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Editor, Rutgers Law Review
Your GPS to Employment Success: How to Find and Succeed in the Right Job and Get the Job—Done! Employment advice books for people of all ages
No One Should Have to Say “Me Too”; Sexual Harassment in the American Workplace; Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act: A Partial Primer; and # I Too (Can and Will Do More) Published in various issues of the Women Lawyers of Bergen NewsletterPattern Makers’ League v. NLRB: Individual Autonomy v. Union Solidarity? 39 RUTGERS L. REV. 197 (1986)
Preparing For the Future of Work: Beverly A Williams on The Top Five Trends to Watch In The Future of Work, Authority Magazine, Feb. 1, 2022
- Decision- Making, Conflict Management & Negotiation
- Understanding the Legalities and Workplace Implications
- Legal Issues for Today’s Leader
- Resolving Conflicts with Employees, Peers, and Others
- Employment Law Overview
- Career-Readiness Seminars
- Sexual Harassment Training to C-Suite Executives and others.
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law–Newark (1987)
- M.P.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- B.A. Douglass College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ