Ramina Dehkhoda-Steele is the Partner-in-Charge of the Firm’s Redmond, Washington office of Wong Fleming and manages the West Coast operations for the Firm. Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele is the Chair of the Transactional Group and the Co-Chair of the Commercial Litigation practice group. She is an avid litigator and has extensive experience in various areas of the law. In addition to litigation, Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele focuses on complex technology transactions, complex real estate transactions.
Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele has represented many Fortune 500 companies in transactional matters and has been representing large companies with respect to general liability, employment law for the past 20 years.
Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele has an active arbitration and mediation practice and she is an Arbitrator with the AAA.
- Represented large technology companies in negotiating and drafting cloud services agreements, managed services contracts, service level agreements and software licensing.
- Handled Washington State’s retailer litigation for international insurance company involving core and tender premises and general liability matters.
- Represented five of the largest school districts in Washington State handling their core and tender general and premises liability matters.
- Successfully litigated multiple premises liability matters, which ultimately resulted in positive arbitrations.
- Represented a major technology company and successfully defended against claims for racial discrimination.
- Successfully defended and represented a private school against claims of wrongful termination.
- Successfully negotiated workouts of defaulted loans for SBA backed loans with full principal payoffs.
- Represented a real estate developer in the purchase and development of a mixed-use property as a public/private joint venture with the City of Tacoma. Responsibilities included assistance in identifying and negotiating a construction loan for the project, permitting, and investor relations. This was a $45,000,000 project.
- Represented a real estate developer in the purchase, development and management of a large hotel and casino valued at $30,000,000, including assisting in the financing of the entire portfolio as well as investor relations and corporate management. The hotel and casino are tenants in common and have a comprehensive TI agreement with respect to use of the property and taxation issues.
- Represented a chain restaurant in negotiating a long-term lease with the local port authority.
- Prepared and negotiated with a city and port on a sublease of a distressed property to be used in a targeted employment area for investment and job creation purposes.
- Prepared and negotiated and implemented complex master lease for a Fortune 100 Financial Institution for their retail banking locations.
- Negotiated and drafted anchor tenant leases for a major oil company.
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Corporate Transactions
- E.D. Wash., W.D. Wash.
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- AAA Arbitrator for Technology and Complex Commercial Matters
- FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, NMSDC
- Arbitrator Panel, King County Superior Court
- Member, IR Global
- J.D., Oklahoma City University, School of Law (1998)
- B.A., University of Washington (1995)