Ramina Dehkhoda-Steele is the Partner-in-Charge of the Firm’s Redmond, Washington office of Wong Fleming. Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele is Co-Chair of the Commercial Litigation practice group. She is an avid litigator and has extensive experience in various areas of the law. In addition to litigation, Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele focuses on complex technology transactions, complex real estate transactions.
Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele has represented many Fortune 500 companies in transactional matters and has been representing large companies with respect to general liability, premises liability, and insurance defense for the past 18 years.
Ms. Dehkhoda-Steele has an active arbitration and mediation practice and she is an Arbitrator with the AAA.
- Represented large technology companies in negotiating and drafting cloud services agreements, managed services contracts, service level agreements and software licensing.
- Handled Washington State’s retailer litigation for international insurance company involving core and tender premises and general liability matters.
- Represented five of the largest school districts in Washington State handling their core and tender general and premises liability matters.
- Successfully litigated multiple premises liability matters, which ultimately resulted in positive arbitrations.
- Defending a multi-party general and premises liability matter involving vendors and employees. Successfully obtained summary judgment dismissing three of the Plaintiffs.
- Represented a major technology company and successfully defended against claims for racial discrimination.
- Successfully defended and represented a private school against claims of wrongful termination.
- Successfully negotiated workouts of defaulted loans for SBA backed loans with full principal payoffs.
- Represented a real estate developer in the purchase and development of a mixed-use property as a public/private joint venture with the City of Tacoma. Responsibilities included assistance in identifying and negotiating a construction loan for the project, permitting, and investor relations. This was a $45,000,000 project.
- Represented a real estate developer in the purchase, development and management of a large hotel and casino valued at $30,000,000, including assisting in the financing of the entire portfolio as well as investor relations and corporate management. The hotel and casino are tenants in common and have a comprehensive TI agreement with respect to use of the property and taxation issues.
- Represented a chain restaurant in negotiating a long-term lease with the local port authority.
- Prepared and negotiated with a city and port on a sublease of a distressed property to be used in a targeted employment area for investment and job creation purposes.
- Prepared and negotiated and implemented complex master lease for a Fortune 100 Financial Institution for their retail banking locations.
- Negotiated and drafted anchor tenant leases for a major oil company.
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Asset Recovery
- General Liability
- Real Estate
- Corporate Transactions
- Trial, Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Transactional Law
- E.D. Wash., W.D. Wash., D. Idaho
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- AAA Arbitrator for Technology and Complex Commercial Matters
- FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, NMSDC
- Arbitrator Panel, King County Superior Court
- Network Attorney, LegalEASE
- Member, IR Global
- J.D., Oklahoma City University, School of Law (1998)
- B.A., University of Washington (1995)