Dafney Dubuisson Stokes is a Partner of Wong Fleming. Ms. Dubuisson Stokes concentrates her practice in creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and automotive finance. She has led creditors’ rights teams on a national level for clients who have experienced their highest recovery rates. She has also successfully defended many automotive finance companies in connection with complex Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending and bankruptcy litigation. Prior to a career in litigation, Ms. Dubuisson Stokes worked for almost a decade in the social service sector advocating for youth in specialized foster care placement and instructed classes on critical life skills geared towards inner city young adults that would empower them to gain independence and move forward in life. She has continued her passion for social issues as a lawyer by representing the underprivileged in the areas of civil liberties and criminal justice. With a desire to develop a strong relationship with every client and consistently steer them in the most productive direction, Ms. Dubuisson Stokes consistently goes above and beyond to help the client arrive at a beneficial and satisfactory solution.
In law school, Ms. Dubuisson Stokes served as a judicial intern for Magisterial District Court Justice David R. Strawbridge in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Her responsibilities included reviewing reports and recommendations and editing draft opinions in the area of Social Security. Ms. Dubuisson Stokes also became certified in domestic relations mediation and volunteered at the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Family Division where she used her conflict management and negotiation skills to assist estranged families.
Ms. Dubuisson Stokes is licensed to practice law in New Jersey (2013), New York (2018), Ohio (2022) and Pennsylvania (2012). She holds a B.A. with honors from Boston College and a J.D. from Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Asset Recovery
- Employment and Labor Law
- Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy
- New Jersey
- New York
- D.N.J., S.D.N.Y., M.D. Pa., E.D. Pa., N.D. Ind., S.D. Ind., D. Colo., W.D. Tenn.
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Member, Burlington County Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Member, Supreme Court of New Jersey District Ethics Committee, Burlington County, District IIIB
- “Panel: Make FJD Debt Collection Fair, Practical” (Philadelphia Bar Reporter, Opinion, March 2013).
- “How to Lay a Foundation to Get Your Evidence Introduced in New Jersey: Introducing Physical Evidence at Trial” (Presenter, National Business Institute Online CLE Seminar, December 2022).
- Haitian Creole
- J.D., Temple University Beasley School of Law (2012)
- B.A., Boston College (2002)