Martha Angélica Villalobos Murillo is the Partner-in-Charge of the Firm’s Chihuahua, Mexico alliance office of Wong Fleming, which is called Villalobos & Moore. Ms. Martha Villalobos has experience in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, incorporation and liquidation of companies, corporate housekeeping, corporate due diligence, public bids, governmental permitting and investment incentives, design and negotiation of contracts, including services agreements, manufacturing, distribution, supply and confidentiality agreements. She has also practiced real estate law for more than seventeen years with specialized experience in the corporate and mining areas. In addition, she has knowledge and experience in environmental, labor, litigation and foreign trade.
In the real estate area, she has experience in providing legal advice for property development, construction, national waters and agrarian matters, as well as public contracts and utilities. She has wide experience providing legal advice to multi-national organizations and has participated in many multi-jurisdictional transactions in the corporate and real estate areas, providing legal advice on planning and development of industrial facilities and commercial projects, acquisition of property between private entities and with the public sector, participation in public and private bids, design and negotiation of contracts, financing of real estate projects, real estate trusts, and purchase and sale of real estate portfolios.
In the mining industry, she has experience in the design and negotiation of exploration and exploitation contracts, securing mining concessions and compliance with obligations derived from mining concessions, assignment and renewal of mining concessions, design and negotiation of contracts for the access to superficial land, which is essential for mining exploration and exploitation, whether private, agrarian or communal land, construction contracts for the development of mining facilities and infrastructure, and services agreements with suppliers of the mining industry.
She is coauthor of the Chapters “Real Estate Foreign Investment”, “Mining” and “Commercial Contracts” of the Book “Doing Business in Mexico” published by Juris Publishing Inc. in 2001 and further publications. She is author and coauthor of many articles published in diverse magazines and other media specialized in Real Estate and Mining industries, and she has offered conferences in specialized fora in Mining and Foreign Investment.
- Represented a French aerospace manufacturing company in the transfer of its industrial operations in Chihuahua from shelter to stand alone. Industrial operations include five industrial facilities and a labor force of more than 2,700 employees.
- Represents a U.S. manufacturing client in the review and negotiation of documentation for the development of a power plant to generate electricity for client’s industrial operations in the center of Mexico.
- Represented several mining companies, in connection with corporate and tax restructuring of their Mexican operations.
- Represents large corporation in the acquisition and development of its industrial facilities in the State of Chihuahua.
- Represented a corporation in securing surface rights, as well as in the construction, development and starting of operations of the Dolores mine, the negotiation and settlement of agrarian conflicts and blockages, the negotiation of contracts for the construction of the property, environmental matters, water rights, legal advice for the relocation of the Dolores town.
- Provides legal advice on labor matters, labor audits and analysis of labor risks with regards to direct and indirect workforce to a great number of companies.
- Represented numerous clients in the preparation of internal labor and HR related policies and labor related operating manuals.
- Preparation and negotiation of confidentiality and exclusivity agreements for employees of companies.
- Represented a corporation in the design and implementation of the strategy, defense and successful settlement of labor lawsuits filed by more than 2/3 of its workforce in Zacatecas, Mexico.
- Corporate Law
- Customs and International Trade
- Employment & Labor Law
- Real Estate
- Tax Law
PROFESSIONAL HONORS, AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Board Member of the US – Mexico Bar Association
- Member of the National Association of Corporate Lawyers
- Member of the Association of Mining Engineers, Metallurgists and Geologists of Mexico
- “Real Estate Foreign Investment,” “Mining,” and “Commercial Contracts” (From the book “Doing Business in Mexico,” Juris Publishing, 2001 and subsequent editions)
- MBA, by Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University (2008)
- Law Degree, Summa Cum Laude, by Tecnológico de Monterrey (1997)