Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation
Wong Fleming’s Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation practice group encompasses the representation of both public and private companies defending claims for products and substances as diverse as medical devices, asbestos, chemicals, consumer products, building products and pharmaceuticals. Our attorneys have litigation experience defending significant cases on every level, including formulating national strategy in multi-jurisdictional litigation, defending class action litigation, coordinating discovery in mass tort litigation, conducting expert discovery, and handling dispositive motions, trials and appeals. We are experienced litigators who understand the business of defending claims and working with clients to manage their litigation in order to obtain efficient results in a cost-effective manner.
Wong Fleming’s attorneys have a track record of winning major products liability and mass tort cases involving complex technical and scientific issues. The members of our practice group are accomplished litigators and trial attorneys, possessing the knowledge, experience and skill-set to successfully resolve matters at every stage of litigation. We are also experienced in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Whatever the scope of the engagement, we approach each matter with a singular purpose: to understand our client’s needs and to meet and exceed their expectations.
Key Service Areas
- Obtained Summary Judgment for a major breast implant manufacturer based on federal preemption.
- Represented a major manufacturer in the defense of multi-jurisdictional mass toxic tort cases. Managed and defended a docket of thousands of cases. Served on the manufacturer’s national trial team and participated in the development of a national defense strategy. Managed mass-tort discovery matters regionally and in coordination with the national discovery team.
- Successfully defended government clients in multi-phase federal class action litigation.
- Obtained defense trial verdicts and judgments for a major manufacturer and a major retailer in a multiplaintiff carbon monoxide exposure case.
- Assisted the national coordinating counsel team in the defense of claims against a major pharmaceutical manufacturer. Assisted in the strategic defense development and national case management.
- Defended a major lawnmower and riding mower manufacturer in cases alleging defective products.
- Obtained a defense trial verdict and judgments for a major paint seller in a suit alleging lead paint exposure.
- Obtained a defense trial verdict for a major international furniture manufacturer of an alleged defective product. Worked jointly with co-defendant’s counsel representing a major retailer in obtaining defense verdicts in a multi-defendant litigation.
- Successfully defended a major manufacturer with respect to building product injury claims, including design defect and strict liability.
- Obtained a defense trial verdict for a major university in a high-profile matter respecting constitutional tort claims.
- Defended numerous manufacturers respecting asbestos toxic torts claims, in state and federal courts regionally and in other jurisdictions nationally.
- Served on the national coordinating counsel team for a major manufacturer defending multi-jurisdictional asbestos toxic tort claims.
- Extensive experience with expert discovery and Daubert motions respecting scientific experts and removal of claims. Experienced in use of joint defense agreements for shared multi-defendant defense experts and other matters.
Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation Attorneys:
|Daniel C. Fleming-Products Liability and Mass Tort Litigation Practice Group|
|Jonathan P. Angelo||Jeff Li||Florelee Wan|
|Dafney D. Stokes||Tacita A. Mikel Scott||Linda Wong|
|James K. Haney||Amelia T. Taylor|
DIVERSE VIEWPOINTS. THE RIGHT SOLUTIONS.