Wong Fleming Represents Corporations With All Facets of Commercial Litigation
Wong Fleming’s business litigators are experienced advocates for public and private companies facing all forms of business disputes, including contract disputes, unfair trade practices, trade secret and intellectual property matters, shareholder disputes, the defense and enforcement of restrictive covenants, and business torts. We also have significant experience representing corporations with products liability and general liability litigation matters.
Wong Fleming represents Fortune 500 companies and other clients across a wide range of industries. We provide guidance and representation, from litigation avoidance to the strategic resolution of claims in state and federal courts, administrative and regulatory proceedings, and all forms of alternative dispute resolution. Whatever the scope of the engagement, we approach each matter with a singular purpose: to understand our client’s needs and to meet and exceed their expectations.
The members of our practice group are first-rate litigators and trial attorneys, with the knowledge, experience, and skill-set to successfully resolve matters at every stage of litigation. With the client’s goals foremost in mind, we pride ourselves on resolving all matters as efficiently as possible, tailoring our efforts to the specific needs of each case. Our lawyers think not just as litigators, but also as business people, working closely with our clients to devise optimal strategies for the most efficient and favorable results.
Key Service Areas
- Successfully defended an international software company in a substantial third-party claim pertaining to breach of contract and subrogation claims.
- Successfully prosecuted and secured property for financial institution secured by UCC-9 filings, and recovered funds owed to client.
- Obtained directed trial verdicts for lead defendant in a dispute between national and regional real estate companies. The lawsuit sought extensive damages for the alleged breach of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully defended government clients in multi-phase federal class-action litigation.
- Successfully defended financial institution in class action litigation.
- Defended international telecommunications company in regulatory proceedings.
- Successfully defended real estate developer in multimillion-dollar breach of contract matter. The claims included numerous issues including breach of contract and professional malpractice.
- Successfully pursued substantial recovery for federal security contractors in multi-plaintiff federal lawsuit alleging fraud, contract, and business tort claims. We pursued extensive electronic discovery and effectively utilized economic experts to value damages.
- Obtained defense jury verdict for life insurance carrier in highly contested insurance coverage dispute over a seven-figure life insurance policy. Our lawyers obtained a defense verdict following a protracted trial over the applicability of suicide exclusion, and successfully defended the trial verdict before the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented a media company in litigation involving payments for advertising where the financing for the advertising was obtained from a factoring company.
- Successfully defended financial services company regarding discriminatory lending claims.
- Successfully defended internet company accused of “cyber-squatting” and infringing trade name.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of an international newspaper for misuse of its trade name in the United States and Europe.
- Defended and prosecuted the right to use domain names.
- Successfully conducted internal fraud and theft investigation for a national manufacturer, including a criminal referral resulting from the evidence obtained. In connection with this investigation, we directed and supervised an extensive forensic digital data investigation.
- Defended and prosecuted breach of contract, UCC-9 and UCC-2A claims in civil dispute to enforce purchase and sale agreement of an ongoing concern. We reviewed secured transaction documents and sought accounting of secured property in determining damages.
- Successfully represented and defended municipality in terminating $100 million vendor contract.
- Jury verdict in employment-related trade secrets case.
- Obtained dismissal of trade secret suit brought by competitor between granting of TRO and preliminary injunction hearing through aggressive accelerated discovery and persuasive motion practice.
- Represented self-insured employer in dispute with insurance company over payment of third-party claims; obtained highly favorable settlement of entire claim amount plus attorneys’ fees.
- Defended Fortune 50 company in multimillion-dollar dispute with customer; obtained highly favorable settlement that included a new contract with customer of greater value through creative negotiations.
Commercial Litigation Attorneys:
- Lillian Akridge
- Rehan Alimohammad
- Rawle Andrews
- Shari B. Ariail
- Jazmyne Arnett
- Curtis L. Bowe III
- Joseph A. Capalbo
- Deborah S. Cochran
- Robert Coggins
- Dafney Dubuisson Stokes
- James K. Haney
- Sara E. Hirshon
- Richardo I. Kilpatrick
- Farrah Najmuddin Lang
- Florelee Lyles
- Tacita A. Mikel Scott
- Scott D. Platton
- Sloan Schickler
- Scott Stevenson
- Amelia T. Taylor
- Aidaelena Valdes
- Linda Wong
- Noel Yumo
- Tariq Zafar
DIVERSE VIEWPOINTS. THE RIGHT SOLUTIONS.